Hi, I'm Tamara!
I am a (former) neuroscientist, student aerialist, mixed media artist, (former) art teacher, and hobby photographer. I've just finished taking part in an internship in Petaluma, CA at Green String Farm. You can find more information about the internship on my blog and through the photo links above. My next stop is Cloudview Ecofarms in Royal City, WA.
Prior to this, I lived in Philadelphia for a whopping 15 years after growing up just outside of the city. I graduated from Temple University with my B.A. in Biological Anthropology in 2007 and left my career as a research scientist in June 2015 to pursue my dream of working in a more creative/positive/nurturing field. Art and design are primarily hobbies, but I hope to apply them to future careers.
- Quantified Self (aka keeping data and statistics on my life and using them for
- Mixed Media Art and Design
- Pro-actively working to make my life more productive to achieve dreams and goals
- Walking! I've been trying to hit 3,000 miles in one calendar year for five-ish years now. I've gotten close twice but have not succeeded (YET!). Try, try again.
- Anything and everything Robert Creeley
- Aerial/Circus arts
- SPOTIFY! I am mildly obsessed with
spotifyand make new playlists almost every day! Click here to view my spotifyprofile. (Alternatively take a peek at my last.fm to see what I am listening to).
- This American Life - In June of 2013, I accomplished one of my biggest life goals of having a pitched story aired on This American Life episode #496 "This Week." It was the first time I submitted anything so to be successful on the first try was truly a dream come true (and I got to meet Ira!). You can hear my story here. (It's worth noting I submitted the story but my mother is the one interviewed and that the subject matter is somewhat dark, yet touching). I hope to submit more stories in the future.
- The Moth - It is another goal of mine to compete in a story slam at The Moth.